Looking for some last minute ideas for dinner tonight? Take a peek at our (mostly paleo) 2012 NYE menu.
SB and I decided to stay in this year because a) I’ve had the stomach flu for the past week, b) it’s freezing outside and c) they closed our favorite NYE restaurant a couple months ago and every other restaurant seemed either overpriced or had a subpar prefixed menu.
So, here is what’s on our menu tonight (recipes to follow):
- Blueberry and pomegranate martinis
- Green olives marinated with lemon and garlic
- Rosemary, fig crackers paired with goat cheese (cracker recipe courtesy of Elana’s pantry)
- Deviled eggs flavored with homemade mayonnaise and chablis mustard
- Beef Tenderloin
- Roasted cauliflower with lemon, garlic and fresh shaved parmesan
- Coconut-scented chocolate covered strawberries
- Jamaican rum cake (thanks to SB’s parents for bringing back this gift!)
I have so much to be thankful for this New Year’s Eve. This year has been very full and I’m proud of all my successes and failures. This blog has been such an unexpected creative outlet, which has brought me much joy in researching, writing and getting to know some wonderful people who are interested in learning more about the science behind healthy eating.
I wish you all a healthy and happy start to 2013!