I thought it might be helpful to list some of the essential ingredients I have in my pantry. I have included links to any specific products I use. I will update this continuously as I publish more recipes.
Flour, Nuts, Seeds and Butters:
- Almond flour; I use Honeyville Blanched Almond Flour. This product is more cost effective when purchased in bulk vs in those little bags at the grocery store and performs better when tested side by side in several recipes. I store the excess flour in tupperware containers either in my fridge or freezer to maximize freshness.
- Coconut flour
- Flaxseed meal
- Almond butter, I like Maranatha
- Coconut butter
- Chia seeds
- Coconut oil
- Grapeseed oil; I bought whatever brand was at the store, but I may try the Spectrum brand next time
- Madhava’s Organic Coconut Sugar
- 100% unpasteurized raw, organic honey
- Stevia; a low-carb, plant-based sweetener. I use Stevia in the Raw since it works cup for cup like sugar in baking. Stevia has the lowest carbs per serving, but can take on a slightly bitter taste when using in large quantitates or after heating to high temps while baking.
- Xylitol; a low-carb plant-based sweetener. I have used Ideal with great success. BE AWARE that this is very toxic to pets!
- Protein powder; I use the vanilla and chocolate-flavored soy protein powder from Whole Foods
- 72% dark chocolate; I love Green & Black’s 72% organic chocolate